ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mr.NoFlash
Senior MemberPosts: 2,165Gear list
Like?
I used the Finepix S1 in a shop
2 months ago

The positive:

I could make sharp images at 50* zoom, without tripod, in the shop ( shutter speed approx 1/125, i did not want to try lowlight, we know this is no lowlight camera).

Also it focussed quick at 50* zoom !

I guess the new Antishake improves contrast AF Focus speed, compared to for example its predecessor the SL1000.

The Finepix S1 looks quite serious built ..

The negative:

... but as we know only electric zoom and no Filter thread, but that we know from spec.

Also the EVF is a bit strange: I looked into the viewfinder and could not see all 4 corners of the EVF, or they were half shaded. I could see it by moving the Eye. So the EVF display seems to big for the viewfinder - others reported the EVF display would be small - perhaps Fuji has 2 types of EVF display in that camera, after they discovered the display problem ?

But because I usually shoot 2:3, that "EVF corner problem" is only a minor problem for me, well the bigger problem is: I have not so much money left.

I am very interrested in the S1 because it is weatherseal, I need such as cam because its a serious "PASM-usable" weathersealed camera, and I also want more zoom.

My current decision status is: If Panasonic makes a LX8 or fixed-43-sensor-camera weatherseal, then my route could be that Panny camera plus a Panny superzoom ( FZ200, FZ1000 ? ). Else the Finepix-S1. All next year when I have the money-.

-- hide signature --

cheers
Mr.NoFlash

Mr.NoFlash's gear list:Mr.NoFlash's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W1 Leica Digilux 3 Samsung NX300
FinePix S1 Fujifilm FinePix SL1000 Kodak Pixpro S-1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow