Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rybu
Junior MemberPosts: 45Gear list
Like?
Extension tubes on a M43
2 months ago

I recently purchased the extension tubes from Yasuhara. They appear to be identical to the Kenkos, and I was buying something from Yasuhara already. I hadn't seen a thread about extension tubes on micro 4/3 cameras so I thought I'd make one. Here are a couple of (rushed) sample images but they give you an idea of how much magnification you can expect.

The 75mm 1.8.

75mm 1.8 with 10mm tube

75mm 1.8 with 16mm tube

75mm 1.8 with 26mm (combined) tube

The 75mm with both tubes attached had a pretty minuscule focal range. It's kind of useless in that configuration, so I can see why nobody bothers selling tubes longer than 16mm.

The 60mm 2.8 (macro)

60mm 2.8 with 10mm tube

60mm 2.8 with 16mm tube

All my photos were hand-held. So at this point I was running out of steam trying to keep the camera steady.

Anyhow, I hope that gives you an idea of what to expect with tubes. I'll post some more photos later once I have some better light to work with, or, say, a tripod..

Curious. Trying the 16mm tube on the 14-42mm EZ zoom lens, there's very little focal range. Oh, okay, I suppose that makes sense.  There's the most focal range when the lens is in a long focal length.  When the lens is set up to be more wide angle (short focal range) the extension tube eliminates the focal range of the camera.

rybu's gear list:rybu's gear list
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ Olympus 9mm F8 Fish-Eye Body Cap Lens +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow