ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
burnymeister
Senior MemberPosts: 1,508Gear list
Like?
Sony A7S + 24-70FE thoughts and some Canadian Rockies Photos
2 months ago

I recently acquired the Sony A7s after realizing a few things about my A7r:

• The RAW files are way too big for me - my MacBook Pro can hardly process them and I don't print huge.
  • I do a lot of panorama's. Stitching 5-10 A7r photos takes way too long and produces a photo that's way too big for my uses. Stitching 5-10 A7s photos can still print massive and takes a reasonable amount of time.
  • Because I do a lot of hiking and climbing, it makes more sense for me to use slower aperture lenses (i.e. 24-70 f/4) which are smaller and lighter. The A7s allows me to use some slower lenses while still using them for low-light climbing shots and astrophotography.

After selling my A7r I got the package from BHPhotoVideo just before leaving for a mountaineering trip to climb Mount King George in Height of the Rockies Provincial Park in British Columbia, Canada. I was charging the batteries on the drive to the trailhead!

Thanks to a full moon I didn't get any of the Perseids or astrophotography. The moon was so bright it was casting shadows all night! Here's a sample of some shots I did manage to get from the A7s + 24-70mm FE lens. There were several forest fires burning in the area so I had to deal with haze on a lot of my photos...

-- hide signature --

Vern Dewit
Calgary, Alberta Canada
http://www.explor8ion.com
http://verndewit.com/

burnymeister's gear list:burnymeister's gear list
Sony RX1R Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Sony Alpha 7S Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +4 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Sony Alpha 7S Sony FE 24-70mm F4 OSS
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
VernNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow