To get the x100s, or not to get the x100s?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lizajposner
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
To get the x100s, or not to get the x100s?
1 month ago

Hi All!

So I am having a raging internal dilemma on whether or not I should invest in the FujiFilm x100s! I am by no means an expert with cameras, but I do have a good understanding of the basics, such as aperture and shutter speed, and how those affect the lighting in the picture and such. I currently own the Canon Rebel t1i, which I bought about... oh my goodness, eight or so years ago! And then I use my iPhone 5, Pentax k1000 (film), and GoPro Silver 3+ as well.

My Canon takes some solid pictures, however lately, I have been getting more and more frustrated with it's size and image quality. I'm beginning to become one of those pixel peeping snobs or whatever, and seeing all the noise and lack of detail has become quite annoying.

Anyways, if I were to get the x100s, I would most definitely be selling the DSLR, just because it is too much to lug around with me all the time. I really admire the beautiful pictures that this camera is capable of taking. And I like how convenient the controls to aperture and shutter speed are, something that is hassle to click through on my Canon. I also like that it is a fixed lens. I've been reading a lot of reviews, and personally, I think having a fixed lens is a good thing because it will force me to reevaluate the composition of my photos and think outside of the box on how to best capture a moment.

I suppose what my question really is, is if I think of photography more as a hobby and creative outlet, then should I look into investing in this camera? How long of a learning curve is there to it? I'm willing to put in the time and effort of learning to use this camera, as long as I hear that a beginner would actually be capable of learning on it!

Oh, and I suppose the main types of photos I like to take are of people, architecture, food (Instagram!), and landscapes. Pretty generic.

But yea, any insights or advice is super appreciated, so I thank you for any help!

Cheers!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X100S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow