Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Brad Bohland
Regular MemberPosts: 128
Like?
Raynox 150--for reals?
1 month ago

I bought a Panasonic FZ1000 and was disappointed in the ability of its 1.25" minimum focus distance (MFD) to fill the frame with the subject.

Someone suggested a macro lens filter, specifically the Raynox 150 or 250, and I tried the 150 with surprisingly unpleasant results.

The Raynox 150 produces a huge ugly black border around the image and in order to get rid of it you have to zoom in quite a bit.  The most I could zoom in and still focus was about 100mm (35mm equivalent) as is the case with the image below.  You can still see the dark border in the corners.  You need to zoom in to about 200mm to completely get rid of the border and I couldn't get it to focus at that distance.

I'm going to try one more option since I really like the FZ1000 and want to keep it if I can.  What's needed is a 62mm threaded filter, though I think the only ones in existence are pre-owned, since no one is currently making them.

Panasonic could, of course, solve this problem by making the needed filter but apparently they are under the delusion that the FZ1000 doesn't require one.  They are wrong, and they should put one into immediate production.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow