Nikon shooter tempted to buy A7r. Price AUD$1485 now

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
siggo
New MemberPosts: 19Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon shooter tempted to buy A7r. Price AUD$1485 now
In reply to PaulinAussie, 4 months ago

It is real and I find I am making compromises on settings to avoid the shutter speeds involved. Would recommend taking a SD card to Teds (you are an Aussie?) and taking some shots at 1/60th to 1/200th with a display camera before buying. Check out on decent monitor at home (you will need lightroom 5 or later or Sony's raw converter to process their raw files)
The detail possible when shake avoided is stunning.
BTW Metabones adaptor for canon is AF (VERY slow with some lenses) but I think Nikon one is MF only.
BTW also wondering if discounting (not just in Australia) is related to improved shock free model possibly to be announced at Photokina next month?
---That is a great price---- good luck with your decision

Oh and there was a firmware update but it had no affect on the A7R shock. Firmware did help A7 which uses electronic first curtain. Apparently this is not possible with shutter hardware on A7R.

siggo's gear list:siggo's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow