Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Edmond Dantes
Regular MemberPosts: 143Gear list
Like?
White Balance Issue
2 months ago

I'm coming to the end of my trip around Europe and have had a weird color cast to all my photos.  Luckily I shot RAW and I can fix them, but I'm trying to figure out where the problem originated from.  I have a feeling the answer is obvious to somebody who's been doing this for a while, so here goes.

I've had a yellow color cast on the photos.  In trying to figure out where the problem started from, I decided to do some test shots in RAW + JPEG to see if they match up.  They do not.  I process my RAW files in Lightroom and they default to the "As Shot" white balance.  These shots look terrible.  If I switch to Lightroom's "Auto" setting, they almost always look fine again.  The test shots I did with JPEG look fine.  So it seems there's some problem in the message being sent from the A7 to Lightroom.  Any ideas?

-- hide signature --

Confucius says, "Be careful of arguing with idiot. He may be doing same thing."

Edmond Dantes's gear list:Edmond Dantes's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Voigtlander 50mm F1.1 Nokton Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +5 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow