Steadicam vs Brushless Gimbal - Are Steadicams / Pendulum Stabilizers Obsoleted?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
jkoch2
Contributing MemberPosts: 722
Like?
Re: Came-tv 7500 brushless gimbal link
In reply to TeeTime, 1 month ago

TeeTime wrote:

netquity wrote:

I ended up picking a Came-TV 7500. It was pre built and configured. I was ready to go in less than 5m with a Canon 5D MK3 with a 24-70mm lens. I bought a carbon fibre monopod stedicam product and it was brutal. Steep learning curve and just way to heavy for any long term use. I would have to look at getting a vest if I was going to fly the camera for any period longer than 30m.

I have nothing but respect for stedicam operators after trying out the monopod Stedicam product. The brushless gimbal really lets anyone pick it up and go. Balancing is a bit tricky, but that applies to both products.

In conclusion for $1200 the brushless gimbal won hands down. I'm trying to sell the CF Monocam.

Is your CF Monocam the CAME 150? I recently bought the 150 and am doing ok with it but I would like to graduate to something like the TV 7500. Where did you find it for $1200?

-- hide signature --

Jerry

$1,180

http://www.came-tv.com/assembled-32-bit-came7500-3-axis-gimbal-dslr-stabilizer-p-565.html

Nice product, perhaps, but $1,180 could also buy an entire camera with 5-axis stabilization or Balanced Optical Steadishot.

I'd be curious to learn whether something like a Came-TV 7500 continues to function after 12 months.  Looks a bit fragile.  Trips and falls do happen.   Maybe OK for staged work, but not casual public settings or rough action.

A $7.00 "cage" built from PVC is not as fluid, but more fall tolerant, and leave one with some cash.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow