X-Pro 1 + XF 18mm f/2 + XF 35mm f/1.4 - good deal?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
katabatik
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
X-Pro 1 + XF 18mm f/2 + XF 35mm f/1.4 - good deal?
4 months ago

Hi

I have the chance to buy a X-Pro 1 + XF 18mm f/2 + XF 35mm f/1.4 + 2 original Fuji batteries batteries for 1200 EUR. The equipment is second hand but is still under warranty (ends in late 2015).

I've never used Fuji cameras before (used to shoot film with an EOS system and sometimes a Leica M3) but I've been following the evolution of Fuji's digital equipment for a while since it seems they have great cameras and lenses. Even tough I'm not a fans of EVFs, the reviews on the XT-1 praise its EVF so much that I was considering this camera in the near future. However, this X-Pro1 opportunity came up and I don't know if I should grab it. I know that the X-Pro2 is around the corner but I'm sure the body only will cost as much, if not more, than this setup.

I mainly do landscape and street photography. I'm also interested in low light photography but I don't shoot low light all that often. I also want to travel light (my back still hurts from my EOS-1V + lenses). I'm not really willing to spend much money in my new gear so the plan was always to buy second hand. Should I wait for the XT-1 to drop price or should I just grab this deal? Do you believe that release of the X-Pro2 will drop prices further? I'm not in a hurry to buy my new gear but if this deal is really good and second hand prices are not to drop any time soon I'll definitely consider it now.

Your opinions are appreciated. Thanks.

Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow