How many raws in continous shooting? How long to wait for next series?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
l_d_allan
Senior MemberPosts: 2,198Gear list
Like?
Re: Continuous: can depend on how much light. Faster than I expected.
In reply to l_d_allan, 1 month ago

l_d_allan wrote:

3dreal wrote:

For panoramic-multirow-shootings(mosaics) i need to know how quick DP2Q is working.

Me: DP2-Q newbie with 5-day trial, so "consider the source".

I was taking HDR images this morning, from pre-dawn to post-dawn. I thought the images went pretty fast once there was enough light. Pre-dawn, the 1 EV bracket of 8s, 16s, 30s took quite a while, perhaps 20, 40, 60.

I was up and about taking pre-dawn photos again this morning. I had HDR set with 1 EV bracket, so the Quattro took 8s, 15s, 30s. I paid more attention to what it did this morning.

Contrary to what I described yesterday, the Q took ~8s, ~15s, then ~30s. Then the hour-glass was there for ~50s or so. You could observe the buffer count move from "room for 4" to "room for 5" to "room for 6" and then I think "room for 7" when the Q was ready for the next series.

So ... fwiw ... it appears it was going back to the 8s capture, applying a "dark frame NR", then the 15s, then the 30s. Overall, the HDR sequence took about 2 minutes.

HTH

l_d_allan's gear list:l_d_allan's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ47 Canon PowerShot S110 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 600D +22 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MoreNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow