Canon 5D2 and Sony A7R REALLY NEED ADVICE!

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Eric Lawton
Forum MemberPosts: 63
Like?
Canon 5D2 and Sony A7R REALLY NEED ADVICE!
4 months ago

Hello all!

So, I have been a Canon shooter for 12 years now and shoot weddings full time and landscape as a favorite hobby and for money whenever I get the chance.  So, About a month ago my trusty Canon 7D which has been my backup camera for a while got put on craigslist to get me some extra money to be put towards a better backup camera and or better landscape camera.

So, for the past 2 weeks I have been researching a lot of options and I had pretty much decided on getting a used Canon 5D Mark 2 with battery grip for around $1500 and call it a day.  Well, I can tend to be a pixel peeper sometimes being that I am a landscape photographer at heart, so when I saw a MINT Sony A7R pop up on craigslist where I live for $1900 with Sony FE 28-70 lens and 1200 clicks I bought it on a whim before someone else did.

So, now here I am sitting with a sick 36 megapixel camera wondering if I should resell and still go with a used 5D2 from Canon. My Metabones Mark IV adapter for all of my EF lenses will be here tomorrow and I am sure that will help me make a decision based on how that preforms.  but...I NEED HELP in order to put my mind at ease.  I live in Atlanta, GA and I am going on vacation to the beach next week, so I think THAT also I had a lot to do with why I made this impulse buy as well. One of my favorite photographers is Trey Ratcliff and I know he uses these Sony cameras, but the main thing that worries is that I am not sure if it could be y second camera for weddings IF I ever needed it to be.

Can anyone that has experience with these cams or has an opinion or any advice help me out on what to do here.  I ask because I hace a friend who is wanting me to trade him my Sony A7R plus lens and in return he said he will give me MINT 5D2 with sigma 24-70 f2.8 and battery grip by Canon and 3 batteries for the 5D2.  I am confused and clueless at this point as to hwat I should do.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE HELP!!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow