Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
racollins
Regular MemberPosts: 227Gear list
Like?
PowerShot Pro 1...thoughts?
1 month ago

I recently bought a PowerShot Pro 1 off of eBay for the excellent price of $69.99! I just received it today. The camera looks like new and doesn't have a mark on it, and seems to work perfectly. I originally bought one of these when they first came out back in 2004 and played with it for a few months before selling it to get something newer and shinier. I never really took the time to learn the camera and see what it could really do, so I thought I'd try again and really put it to work and also see how it compares to the current crop of cameras, especially my G16. It handles really nicely and is a pleasure to hold and operate. It's a bit reminiscent of the current SX50 in its layout, although the zoom range is paltry by comparison. The big benefit it has is its 2/3" sensor, larger than the sensor in the G-series cameras and significantly larger than the sensor in the SX-body cameras. I remember that the pictures taken with my first one were beautiful in regular light but not so great when I had to use ISO 400. I still have a few of those prints from the first camera. For those of you that used the Pro 1 or still use it, what are your thoughts about the camera? It would be nice to see this size sensor (or bigger, but this would be a good start!) in the G-series or SX-body.

Andy

racollins's gear list:racollins's gear list
Canon PowerShot Pro1 Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon PowerShot G16 Canon EOS 7D +1 more
Canon PowerShot G16
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow