DP2 Quattro vs. Nikon D810

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
l_d_allan
Senior MemberPosts: 2,389Gear list
Like?
Re: DP2 Quattro vs. Nikon D810
In reply to Scottelly, 4 months ago

Scottelly wrote:
Maybe you're right, but I'm not seeing much difference in the past few years, since the Canon 7 D was made.

I think Canon has made progress in high ISO since their 7d and 5d2 leap-frogged the competition in the 2008 to 2009 time-frame. Canon is definitely behind the Sony Exmor sensor in many Nikon cameras, as far as DR and resolution.

I use Magic Lantern's Dual-ISO as something of a "hold-your-nose-work-around" to the behind-the-times DR on my 6d. Dual-ISO somewhat cause a loss of resolution.

It's not like there is some big difference between the 22 MP 5 D Mk III and the 5 year old Canon 7 D, which is pretty pathetic, considering how many years have gone by and the fact that the newer sensor is twice the size! Look for yourself (set the ISO to 1600):

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canon-eos-5d-mark-iii/28

I'll take a look. I think the DxoMark scores show the 5d3 and 6d Way Ahead of the 7d. However, I'm not well versed on DxoMark scores.

l_d_allan's gear list:l_d_allan's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ47 Canon PowerShot S110 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 600D +22 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow