FZ1000 lockup

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Shaun Gibbs
Regular MemberPosts: 360Gear list
Like?
Re: Cards can get corrupted
In reply to Henry Falkner, 3 months ago

Thank you. I'll bear that in mind. Do you format it in camera after formatting it on the pc? I've never formatted on the pc. in My Canon 6D I have the option to do quick or complete format. I always choose complete format, but the FZ1000 doesn't have that option.

Henry Falkner wrote:

In my experience, the cause is partially overwritten 'deleted' pictures and videos, which become live again in the process. The formatting in the camera is a 'fast' one, which does not totally overwrite the old data with a sequence of 0s and 1s. The work-around is to format the card in the computer, un-ticking the fast option. When you put the card into the camera after a slow format, it will put its own file structure on the first time you switch it on after the external formatting.

Henry

Shaun Gibbs wrote:

I just did two tests and no problems today.

First test was just burst mode which captured 44 photos before the buffer filled. I released the shutter and waited for it to finish writing to the card then pressed playback.

Second test was the same but 62 shots before the buffer filled. I released the shutter and pressed playback button straight away. It finished writing to the card before it displayed the photos.

Using the same card I used on Saturday. So all good. Will update if it ever happens again.

-- hide signature --

www.shaungibbs.com.au
"All you need is a FZ1000"

-- hide signature --

Henry Falkner - SH-1, SH-50, SP-570UZ
http://www.pbase.com/hfalkner

-- hide signature --

www.shaungibbs.com.au
"All you need is a FZ1000"

Shaun Gibbs's gear list:Shaun Gibbs's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow