Enjoyed my Vaccation with the A7r but...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mkandil
Regular MemberPosts: 489Gear list
Like?
Enjoyed my Vaccation with the A7r but...
2 months ago

it was a 12 days vacation, I took plenty of shots using the A7r and the 24-70 plus other MF lenses (nokton 35, zm50 & hexanon 85). I really enjoyed the results.

but on the 10th day I wanted to take a long exposure shot at the beach, everything was going fine until a big wave suddenly came and hit the camera and the lens. immediately I took out the battery and tried to wipe the salt water. kept the battery and MC doors opened till the next day to make sure it dries. but when I turned it on, the camera first did not recognise the MC and both front wheel and the EV wheel was not working. later the MC became readable and the EV wheel worked but the front wheel didn't.

When I came back from vacation, took the camera to the Sony technical support who opened the camera and stated that the salt water get in and 7 parts has to be replaced. this will not be covered by warranty and will cost around 1400 USD.decided not to pay this much on repair as everything is now working except the front wheel which I can live without as I usually use the aperture priority and manual mode with MF lenses. so I don't use this wheel much.

Below, few shots and the shot which damaged the camera:

thanks for looking and appreciate any C&C

Hexanon 85mm

cob oven

waiting for the cold winter

finally the shot which I was taking when the wave hit the camera. not perfect though

-- hide signature --

moh

Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow