Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Alastair Norcross
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,613Gear list
Like?
CF card recovery software suggestions needed
4 months ago

I have an 8GB Sandisk Extreme IV CF card, full of pictures I took on my 7D over the weekend. When I inserted it into my card reader, plugged into my iMac, it first took ages to appear on the desktop, then, when it did, the folder with the files showed up as empty, then they finally appeared, but didn't seem to have anything in them. The computer then gave me the "disk not properly ejected" error message, even though I hadn't ejected the disk (it still showed up in the finder). I then ejected the disk, and tried it in another card reader. This time, the computer said the disk was unreadable. I then put it back in my 7D, and, the camera said the card was unreadable. I tried connecting it to my laptop, but got the same error message. There are about 280 pictures on that disk, that I'd like to rescue, if possible. Any suggestions?

-- hide signature --

Alastair
http://anorcross.smugmug.com
Equipment in profile

Alastair Norcross's gear list:Alastair Norcross's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon PowerShot SD450 Canon PowerShot SD870 IS Canon PowerShot S45 Pentax Optio W60 +16 more
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow