ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
xfz
xfz
Regular MemberPosts: 138
Like?
My dp2 quattro review
1 month ago

I just sent back my "test before you buy" DP2q and I think I owe Sigma some feedback so here it is.

Below is the link to my gallery

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lz_us/sets/72157646341890263/

There is nothing fancy because they are taken at the noon (not the best time for pg, but that is all I have).

Here is my experience I want to share:

IQ: X3F always has this "wow" factor. It is so good for ISO 100 I have a feeling it is better than my 5d2. However, once it goes to ISO200 or above, the IQ degrading so fast it doesn't seem to have any advantage against CFA sensor. I am wondering if others share the similar experience.

Handling: In general it handles well in my hand, the unique shape fit my hands pretty well. However it gets hot pretty quickly. I get constant high temperature warning. (the temperature is indeed high in Texas)

PP: SPP is the biggest draw back of the system. It is simply too slow. On the other hand, I rarely need to do much adjustment, so maybe a command line Raw converter will do it much faster.

One particular issue:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lz_us/14861598681/sizes/o/

There is some rainbow color above the middle section of the roof on the right. Maybe it is caused by the high temperature?

All in all, I think it is awesome camera. I don't think Sigma should pay special attention on smaller size. Instead, if it can solve heating issue, and bring more battery power, more people will appreciate the IQ it brings, or put in the bag as a backup cam.

Thanks

Z.

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sigma DP2 Quattro
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow