Image stabilized lens options for the A7s?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
FatSmurf
Forum MemberPosts: 54
Like?
Image stabilized lens options for the A7s?
4 months ago

Hey guys, sorry for the extremely noobish question but I'm not familiar at all with the E-mount lens options and would like some input.

I'm shooting a documentary, 90% of it which is handheld and in natural (usually very very poor) light.

Currently using a GH3... and too much of the time I'm shooting at 1600 ISO and STILL not getting enough light.

It seems to me that the A7s + the autio ISO option would be incredible for my purposes.

The only thing holding me back is that the GH3 has the awesome 12-35mm (24-70mm FOV equivalent) Lumix OIS lens. It's relatively light, compact, and has the best image stabilization for video of any lens I've ever used.

If I were to get the A7s, is there an some equivalent wide angle prime or zoom lens that has good stabilization?

I'm not familiar at all with the native lens choices for the A7s. Preferably, I'd like to go with a native lens... but perhaps an EF mount lens paired with a Metabones active adapter would be the best choice? (Worried about slow AF focus issues with the active adapter.)

Thanks in advance for any input.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Sony Alpha 7S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow