Contributing MemberPosts: 796Gear list
Like?
Re: One word: latitude.
In reply to Robin Casady, 3 months ago

Robin Casady wrote:

afterburn wrote:

Simon Garrett wrote:

afterburn wrote:

Now if they would only put the GPU acceleration in LR as they have in PS...

Posts from Eric Chan and others on various forums have suggested that the nature of Lightroom processing does not lend itself to use of GPU. I don't know any more than that, but I've seen it posted by Adobe insiders more than once.

-- hide signature --

Simon

Could be, but the biggest frustration in LR is not so much the processing as it the sluggishness of the UI. Something must be able to be improved there.

The only sluggishness I'm aware of has to do with the creation of 36 mp full-res previews when pixel peeping.

-- hide signature --

Robin Casady
http://www.robincasady.com/Photo/index.html
When you look through the viewfinder do you see an object or do you see a picture?

The localized adjustments aren't exactly advertisements on speed either. Add lens corrections, perspective corrections and noise reduction and you end up with a program that can bog down any computer with that photo open.

Do similar things in Photoshop, and add several layers and fancy stuff that makes your file grow to over a gig and the same computer doesn't skip a beat.

They need to do something. I don't know if it is GPU acceleration, code optimizations or changes in how they do things in LR, but something needs to be done. And with every release, it gets worse.

I love LR, and in general it works just fine, but sometimes it just sucks, performance wise.

-- hide signature --

Gijs from The Netherlands
Nikon D800

afterburn's gear list:afterburn's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Apple Aperture +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow