Which Photo do you like better?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
No Regrets
Contributing MemberPosts: 887Gear list
Like?
Re: Here's another example...any better?
In reply to stevo23, 4 months ago

stevo23 wrote:

No Regrets wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

No Regrets wrote:

I don't know if you'd consider the bokeh any better with this image or not.

The quality of the blur is pretty good - but it's a matter of how much blur you're after. In a lot of cases, it's kind of cool to make the actual details of the background disappear into a nice multi-colored abstract.

In this case, did you use some post processing blur too? What equipment did you use here. Some of the green highlights in the background have a bit of that Noct 1.2 swirly thing happening.

Hi,

I imported from the memory card into iPhoto on my Macbook Pro laptop. I don't have any fancy RAW developers and I am completely new to photography. I boosted the detail and the sharpness just a bit, which may have affected the background blur somewhat. Other than that, this is what came out of the camera. I want to get something like Iridient and/or Lightroom at some point.

Ah - and not that I minded. I was just curious as it seems to have a fair degree of separation and seems to stand out quite well.

Thank you Stevo.  I hope to get better as I keep practicing.  One thing I know for sure is that neither the camera or the lens is the limiting factor here....it's all me, but that is why I've been taking as many photos as I can.  I'm trying to learn here as I go, with how the camera/lens reacts when I change various settings.  I'm trying to get better with my composition as well.  I've got a book on order that will help me with that aspect.

Thanks for viewing and commenting on my photos!

No Regrets

No Regrets's gear list:No Regrets's gear list
Nikon Df Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow