DP2 Quattro vs. Nikon D810

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
l_d_allan
Senior MemberPosts: 2,292Gear list
Like?
Similar test of Canon 6d ff to DP2-Q
In reply to Scottelly, 3 months ago

Scottelly wrote:
I'd like to see which makes better image quality.

I'm heading out the door to continue a similar test comparing to the Canon 6d full frame with primes.

My goal with the DP2-Quattro 5 day trial (extended ... thx Sigma) is to try to get "apples vs apples" comparisons. Suggestions appreciated to have this be valid.

For me, the Q needs to significantly outperform the 6d on A3+ 13x19" prints (and larger) to justify the expense. Otherwise, this retired hobby'ist will not be in a good position to answer wife's (aka 'the Hun') question of "Why bother?"

YWMV

TMI?
A concern is that after 200k captures with Canon ff's with lots of HDR, ETTR, panos, MagicLantern's Dual-ISO and Auto-ETTR, etc., I know the 6d well enough to get near optimal ETTR exposures, and then what to do with them in ACR.  I don't have near this experience / expertise with the Q and especially SPP.

At this point, I am pretty much a pre-newbie with SPP 6.0.x. I'm trying to figure out "best practice" for ETTR , including:

• appropriate on Q?
  • if so, "best practice" settings on camera (Overexposure Correction? Tone Control? Other/)
  • "best practice" settings in SPP to keep it from auto-magically making changes that mask whether ETTR is actually happening
  • use recently released RawDigger that now has preliminary Quattro support. (thx Iliah)
 l_d_allan's gear list:l_d_allan's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ47 Canon PowerShot S110 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 600D +22 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow