HowTo? SPP settings to get equiv of RawDigger (raw image analyzer) to facilitate ETTR?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
l_d_allan
Senior MemberPosts: 2,312Gear list
Like?
Expect 12 to 15 steps of 1/3 EV brackets to work well for learning ETTR + RawDigger
In reply to l_d_allan, 3 months ago

l_d_allan wrote:
I can see using 1/3 rd bracket exposures from somewhat underexposed to definitely overexposed on a brick wall. Then if and when it is justified to learn SPP because the Q appears to have to potential to out-perform the 6d ff, I'll have good ETTR test shots to choose from. Or not?

This morning, I was doing 3 to 15 shot HDR with the DP2-Quattro from pre-dawn to post-dawn.

Pre-dawn, I was using 1 EV bracket, 8s -> 16s ->30s. That gradually increased to 1s -> 2s -> 4s. I had the Canon 6d ff next to it on another tripod with 50mm prime, using MagicLantern's enhanced HDR and intervalometer. ISO 100 and f-stop ranged from f2.8 pre-dawn to f8 post-dawn.

Once the light got brighter, I started using 15 shot brackets at 1/3 EV on the Q:

• burst of three with EC -1
  • burst of three with EC 0
  • burst of three with EC +1
  • burst of three with EC +2
  • burst of three with EC +3

The intent is to have plenty of images after the trial (extended ... thx Sigma) to play with SPP to learn with RawDiggerto accomplish ETTR , if appropriate.

I'm may do something similar with 12 to 15 step HDR later today, but with different settings for:

• Overexposure correction (which I don't understand)
  • Tone control (which I don't understand)

For those tests, I anticipate having the Canon 6d ff with sharper EF 35mm f2 IS also on tripod, but in front of the DP2-Q so the FOV is similar.

OT?: be wary of a refurbed DP2-Q without serial number (#060). It could have a LOT of shutter activations.     ... Found serial number:90805044

l_d_allan's gear list:l_d_allan's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ47 Canon PowerShot S110 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 600D +22 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow