Zeiss F2 35mm ZE Distagon and/or Zeiss 28mm..on 70d?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Deshan
New MemberPosts: 22
Like?
Zeiss F2 35mm ZE Distagon and/or Zeiss 28mm..on 70d?
1 month ago

Hi,

I am a newbie.

I also posted this in the lens forum.  Hope that's okay.  Wasn't sure where to post.

I am a newbie and could use some advise. I am going on vacation with my wife and elderly parents. I have a Canon 70d. After many years away from it, I have the photography bug. I have access to the two full frame Zeiss lenses above, and I understand the 1.6x crop factor issue. I want to do a mixed bag of travel photography, impulse portraits, and whatever looks like an interesting composition.

I also have a Canon 1.8 50mm nifty-fifty.

I really don't want to lug around all three of these lenses and I am a little confused about whether using the Zeiss lenses on a crop sensor will be worth it--they are heavy (but I don't really mind the weight for the possible wow factor). I also don't really mind the manual focusing because I am getting pretty good with it using live view.

My plan is to take the Zeiss 28mm and leave the other two at home. I will also be taking a Tokina AT-X 116 PRO DX-II 11-16mm f/2.8 and a Tamron 70mm-300mm F4-5.6 Di VC USD.

So there is a lot of stuff to carry in my backpack.

Is the Zeiss 28mm the right call for the "holy sh..wow factor what an amazing lens" or what do you think?

Thanks.

Dasadab

Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow