Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
t.c. marino
Contributing MemberPosts: 599
Like?
Re: Follow- up to saying goodbye to 5d mk III and switch to Nikon
In reply to Caerolle, 2 months ago

Caerolle wrote:

jglaser757 wrote:

yeah, i noticed,,and it was very confusing at first.. Even their metering system was backwards at default,,I mean come on,,minus is always to the left unless your jewish( I am) and I still prefer it that way..and I needed to switch the metering dial to correspond to the correct way,,right gets bigger or brighter and left is darker or smaller. And, who ever heard of turning a lens cap backwards to remove it.

but im happy with it!!

-- hide signature --

Jon

Yes, that is why I am really glad I don't need the higher resolution or dynamic range of Nikons, because I have seriously hated using every Nikon I have had my hands on, or seen the control system of. Extremely frustrating. My 6D, on the other hand, is just about perfect, it just needs a white balance button, or the ability to assign something else as one. I guess they want you go buy a 5D for that.

And, it isn't like I was used to Canon and didn't give Nikon a chance, I actually had a Nikon first. I know tons of people seriously love the Nikon control system, but everything just seems to be designed to be awkward on Nikon, to me. And it isn't just the lenscaps that are backwards, the stupid lens mount is too!

Nikon certainly seems to have better specs and technology, and more features at every price point. I looked at the D600 when I got my 6D, but the more I looked at how it operated, the more I knew I would hate actually using the thing. But, if the maximum performance is the most important thing to you, then Nikon is the way to go.

-- hide signature --

Not because I think they are good, but because I would like to improve (feel free to provide me with feedback):
http://500px.com/carolteater

-- hide signature --

depends on your point of view...most nikon shooters see canon camera controls as "backwards and awkward"compared to nikon bodies..dont even get me started on the lenses in regards to zoom function  and focus direction{smiling}
nikonshooter

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
setNew
difsNew
SameNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow