Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Paul Richman
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,093Gear list
Like?
D810 Time Lapse - It's a BIG deal!
3 months ago

For those of you who saw this (buried) in my earlier post, please ignore.  I'm reposting this here to give it proper visibility.

With the D810, time lapse is so easy.  Set it up in the menus, go on tripod, begin recording, play a few games of solitaire on your smartphone, and then voila, thousands of images just taken are automatically combined into a time lapse movie.  WOW!

Alternatively, with most other cameras, take thousands of full frame shots, carrying tons of cards and batteries,  process them all, and then convert them to TL. That is indeed the other way of doing this, but UGH what a chore! Of course you can get better results that way, but at the moment, I'm quite happy with the quick and painless D810 (and D4) way.  Soon, I'll try the Time Lapse app on the Sony A7r to see how it compares.

Click here to see my first TL.  Below is its description on YouTube:

"Clouds have always fascinated me. They can create such fleeting abstract beauty in the sky. Soft sculptures of worldly creatures sometimes appear briefly. As a photographer, I appreciate the extent to which esthetic cloud formations can enhance photographs.

When you look at clouds in real time, they seem to stand still. Look at a time lapse movie like this one, with real time speed up by a factor of 60, and you see how they form and change.

With 2 minutes 35 seconds of1080p footage at 60 fps, there are 9300 images here. I hope you enjoy them all!"

Click the link below for some tips on D810 time lapse:

Tips on D810 Time Lapse

-- hide signature --

Paul Richman
Pixels By Paul
http://PixelsByPaul.500px.COM
"There's a good picture nearby. Find it. Take it. Share it."

Paul Richman's gear list:Paul Richman's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Fisheye-Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D +11 more
Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow