Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
No Regrets
Contributing MemberPosts: 853Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon DF - Love or Hate & why?
In reply to Atyl1972, 2 months ago

Atyl1972 wrote:

No Regrets wrote:

I love the Df. It's large enough to feel comfortable in the hand, but not too large so that its obtrusive. I love all the manual dials...you can see your settings without even turning the camera on and it gives a more tactile feel....it engages you. The sensor is spectacular both in low light and out on a bright sunny day. Great exposure, beautiful colors, pleasing renditions. I love visiting with people from all different walks of life....this camera is an ice breaker, a conversation piece, and is well received with the general public, non threatening.

I'm just learning photography, so take what I say with a grain of salt....but I do love taking it out every opportunity I get, and I think it will be a camera that I will be able to grow with for many years to come.

The following were all shot with the Sigma 50mm f1.4 Art all within the last three days.

Shot in very low light.

cool, thanks for the words, did you not get a kit lens, or you bought body only then added the sigma?

Hi,

I bought the body only version of the Nikon Df.  I think that the lens that comes with the Df as a kit is an excellent value and a very good lens.  However, I feel that the Sigma Art has more potential and I thought I'd be more happy with the Art in the long run.  Having both lenses would have been redundant, and I am very happy with the Art.

No Regrets's gear list:No Regrets's gear list
Nikon Df Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow