How important is video in your DSLR ?

Started 4 months ago | Polls thread
SirSeth
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,032Gear list
Like?
Re: How important is video in your DSLR ?
In reply to John Cafarella, 4 months ago

John Cafarella wrote:

People who make generaizations are ALWAYS wrong.

-- hide signature --

John Cafarella
Melbourne, Australia

Really. So far 30 votes for not wanting video at all (75%). Let's have a poll and see how many of those shooters primarily shoot wildlife and are over 50.

I'm surprised. I only caught one in the fly trap...

I'm 38, feeling young, and almost didn't buy into Pentax because of the video specs. Turns out the K5iis was just too high a value to ignore despite the lack of video props.

I do think there are age dynamics taking place with polls like this. It's no different in other forums. We took an age poll over at Olympus DSLR forum and I was on the young side of respondents. Most of the guys I really liked and recognized best were almost double my age. They are the ones that have time for forums and money for gear and no better place for curmudgeonly monologues. Also as Stephen mentioned, because Pentax video isn't very good, most people strongly desiring large sensor interchangeable lens video features have gone elsewhere.

What I don't get (even at my advanced age) is people who say absolutely perspective limited stuff like "If I wanted to take video I'd get a danged video camera... "snort!" or "If the next camera has HD  video, I'm getting an M6... snort!"

-- hide signature --

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
--
wallygoots.smugmug.com
wallygoots.blogspot.com

SirSeth's gear list:SirSeth's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow