What lenses do you use/enjoy using with your Canon 6D?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Andy Dan
Regular MemberPosts: 141Gear list
Like?
Re: What lenses do you use/enjoy using with your Canon 6D?
In reply to cybersimba, 1 month ago

My most used lens is the 24-70 f4L IS which sports the classic standard full-frame zoom range. It has very good IQ, the 24mm barrel distortion is low, it's light and compact and ballances very well with the 6D. Add the IS and you have a great walk around lens. The cherry on top is the macro mode (1:2 magnification) which is a good plus if you don't want to invest in a real, more specialized marcro lens or you don't want to carry the real macro prime with you when weight is an important factor (flights, hiking etc)

My second lens is the 100 f2.8L Macro ISthat offers me 1:1 macro (I love macro ). It's a great lens that has very good IQ. Apart from macro use, it's great for portraits so I won't invest in a135 f2L because it won't offer me the same polyvalence and I shoot more macro than portraiture.

My wish list includes the new 16-35 f4L IS and I look forward to the 70-200 f4L IS replacement that will correct the focus problem of the USM. Also the rumored 50 f1.8 IS is a tasty perspective as far as I'm concerned.

Andy Dan's gear list:Andy Dan's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow