Veteran MemberPosts: 4,619Gear list
Like?
Re: Jim, this is what it looks like
In reply to RoelHendrickx, 2 months ago

RoelHendrickx wrote:

jeffharris wrote:

RoelHendrickx wrote:

James Pilcher wrote:

Good grief, Roel! A Rokinon 85mm f/1.4 + adapter + EC-14 + EX-25??? That's quite a stack for a µ4/3 camera. How far did it stick out in front of the camera? 40cm???

Jim this is what it looks like (excuse the poor iphone quality):

Mind you, the shots shown before are only with Rokinon+adapter or Rokinon+EC-14+adapter. none with the EX-25 also.

Quite possible to handle.

Man oh man, what a beast!

Here's a Voigtländer 75mm f2.5 Color Heliar to compare size.

Perfect size and weight (230g + L mount adaptor), excellent image quality and a pleasure to use. Sure, it's a stop slower, but so small and manageable. No one ever thinks I'm packing a 150mm lens when I use it!

For "just" the 85mm (170mm EFL) at F1.4, there is ONLY the adapter and the lens (you can ditch the hood too). That looks VERY different.

What I have shown here includes ALSO EC-14 (x1.4 teleconverter) and EX-25 (macro tube). together, these two are more than half the size of the actual 85mm lens.

Yes, a bit Frankenstein-ian! It's fun piling up stuff like that… because you can!

So, how is it to use by itself? I'd thought about getting a Nikon 85mm f2 AI-S since it's small and cheap and faster than my 105mm and 135mm f2.8 lenses. (I use them for concert shooting… choruses, harpsichords and viola da gambas) But that 85mm f1.4 lens intrigues me because of speed and price. I'd get a Nikon mount so I could easily adapt it for a second generation Sony A7-series body.

jeffharris's gear list:jeffharris's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow