Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Philip J.
Contributing MemberPosts: 760Gear list
Like?
I Have Done The Deed - Update
3 months ago

A few days ago I posted on here about how I had decided to take advantage of the Fuji £200 cash back offer and ordered, from Amazon UK, the 10-24 + 55-200 lenses.
Well yesterday a woman called in a private, unmarked van saying she was delivering a parcel from Amazon but had returned it because it had been tampered with and one of the three items was missing from it's contents. The parcel was returned before I saw it so I do not know which item was missing but I assume it was one of the lenses. It was good of her to call and let me know personally.
Later I phoned Amazon and while discussing the situation with a charming lady from Cork I decided to cancel the order and I asked for a refund on my credit card which will be completed, I am told, with in 5 working days.
This morning, Tuesday, I shall ring my local digital store and ask if they have the two lenses in stock now as before they were out of stock.
I am apprehensive now of ordering expensive, delicate items such as lenses through the post. Although, I have to say, Amazon were very good and helpful and will look into why the parcel was both damages and an item missing, it has left me with a feeling of insecurity.
Phil.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow