Flat view
DominicVII
Regular MemberPosts: 160Gear list
Like?
Which Fuji to get?
2 months ago

Hello guys,

I need your help choosing a camera.

I have already tried Olympus, but the micro four thirds system was not to my liking: 2x crop factor and the increased depth of field were major causes for annoyance.

Three Fujis are within my budget:

1) X-E1

2) X-M1

3) X-A1

1) What I know about the X-E1: The camera had serious issues with the EVF; here is what an amazon reviewer wrote: "Panning the camera while watching the EVF reveals how poorly it refreshes. This is really problematic for me old eyes. I was not able to focus manually [...] while magnifying because the subject appears to be madly hopping around." Others have pointed to serious shortcomings to the autofocusing system. The current low price of the camera makes me suspicious: does it perhaps have inherent issues that cannot be addressed with recourse to firmware?

2) What I know about the X-M1: The same X trans sensor as the higher end models, but very plasticky build quality.

3) What I know about the X-A1: Without the X trans sensor, plasticky like the X-M1, but with a high ISO performance of truly extraordinary proportions.

Three questions:

1) Which of the three should I get - any why?

2) Which of the three should I avoid - and why?

3) Do Fuji cameras allow of in-camera editing like Pentax and Samsung?

Thanks in advance,

Dom

DominicVII's gear list:DominicVII's gear list
Pentax Optio H90 Pentax Optio E90 Pentax K-r Pentax smc DA 40mm F2.8 Limited Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +1 more
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow