Like?
Re: Just use sRGB
In reply to brianric, 4 months ago

brianric wrote:

Stacey_K wrote:

brianric wrote:

Stacey_K wrote:

Greg lamont wrote:

I guess I should have said from the beginning that I ONLY shoot in Raw.

Why?

Why not?

It creates an extra step to PP for one thing.

So? Half my time in PP is cropping.

OK...

What do you think that people always shoot in a studio and can control their lighting. I do event photography and I do not have control 98% of the time when I shoot.

I shoot event photography as well. With a little work before hand, I can usually get the WB in camera pretty close and the OOC JPEGS require little to no processing. Maybe a levels touch and a crop. Greatly speeds up PP after the event. I don't get the point of not at least trying to get a good OOC JPEG.

I don't get your point that one size fits all. I have a workflow that I'm quite comfortable with, and have no intention of changing.

I don't care if you do or not, I'm just sharing how I work.

I find it hard to believe that you do event photography and can control your lighting that you can nail your exposure 99% of the time.

Is it seriously that hard to expose an image correctly? Maybe it's from many years of shooting slide film (which had almost no exposure latitude), I don't find getting the exposure close enough to edit from a JPEG to be a concern. If the lighting seems weird, I pop off a frame and look at the histogram, and do some EC before the "action" starts. I shot about 300 frames this weekend at an event, indoors and out, and only a couple needed to be processed in RAW. And that was from the dynamic range being too wide for the "standard" picture control to handle, even with ADL on high. I saw the highlights weren't clipped, so knew I could pull the image from the RAW file.

-- hide signature --

Stacey

Stacey_K's gear list:Stacey_K's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow