ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Roljac
New MemberPosts: 19
Like?
Scanner Epson V700/750 easy to use ?
3 months ago

Hello,

I am wondering what is the ease of use of an Epson V700/750. I want to scan a few 1000s 35mm negatives and I am hesitating between 2 options

1) Buy an Epson V750. Scan my negatives to archive them to be used for small format (max 8x10). If there is a very good one I want to edit/enlarge, I would scan those professionally later.

Concern : I am reading that you have to play with the negative height / focus / negative flatness .... That software requires a lot of playing around before getting results. Is that real or you can get some decent results pretty quickly ? What happens if you just scan it with minimum experience / corrections ? Are the results ok ? (I am ok to spend time to scan but I don't want to have to do trials and error for each negative)

2) I send my negatives to a scanning facility like digmypics.

Note : I decided not to use a film scanner because either you use a new scanner - reasonably priced scanner  (Plustek) and you have to do picture by picture (not feasible) or buy a used Nikon (don't want to take that chance + prices are ridiculous). May be the new plustek 120 but not sure quality and at 2000$ I probably would go with the scanning service then.

Thanks for your experiences.

Yves

Casio Exilim EX-V7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow