Veteran MemberPosts: 5,190Gear list
Like?
Re: Just use sRGB
In reply to Stacey_K, 2 months ago

Stacey_K wrote:

brianric wrote:

Stacey_K wrote:

Greg lamont wrote:

I guess I should have said from the beginning that I ONLY shoot in Raw.

Why?

Why not?

It creates an extra step to PP for one thing.

So? Half my time in PP is cropping.

What do you think that people always shoot in a studio and can control their lighting. I do event photography and I do not have control 98% of the time when I shoot.

I shoot event photography as well. With a little work before hand, I can usually get the WB in camera pretty close and the OOC JPEGS require little to no processing. Maybe a levels touch and a crop. Greatly speeds up PP after the event. I don't get the point of not at least trying to get a good OOC JPEG.

I don't get your point that one size fits all. I have a workflow that I'm quite comfortable with, and have no intention of changing. I find it hard to believe that you do event photography and can control your lighting that you can nail your exposure 99% of the time.

I've been shooting raw 100% of the time since 2003 and have no intention of changing.

I've been shooting JPEG + RAW for at least that long and, at least for me, I find if I spend a little time adjusting the camera right, I only need the RAW file's extra latitude about 1% of the time.

I know my position on this is counter to most people's, they teach "real photographers ONLY shoot RAW". I've just found working to get it right in camera to be a lot less work than just shooting and fixing it all later in post. Maybe this workflow comes from my 20+ years of shooting film, mostly slide film, before I switched to digital.I'm shocked no one else has noticed the OP is asking what color space to use for his monitor profile...

-- hide signature --

Stacey

brianric's gear list:brianric's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D700 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Nikon Df Nikon D810 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow