R Vaquero
Contributing MemberPosts: 679
Like?
Re: Provided you use full colour management
In reply to Stacey_K, 2 months ago

Stacey_K wrote:

Simon Garrett wrote:

R Vaquero wrote:

Simple: always shoot in Adobe RGB mode, it's a wider colour space and the best to process the images.

...provided your monitor is calibrated and profiled (with a hardware colorimiter)

And is a wide gamut monitor. Just having a calibrated monitor doesn't insure you can see aRGB while editing.

I've said this before, most people, especially if you shoot jpegs, should just use sRGB.

-- hide signature --

Stacey

If you shoot jpgs and then process or retouch them, you get more quality colour range if they are shot in Adobe RGB space and after process you convert them to sRGB- only if it's really needed to print and the lab asks for this profile.

If the files are not going to be post processed, then shooting in sRGB is a good idea. And yes, I know about the convenience of shooting RAW and so I do it, but I agree that a lot of times the JPG is the best and more practical option. Many people don't understand this, but it's only a question to choose the best option on behalf of the practical result.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow