Stacey_K
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,625Gear list
Like?
Re: Just use sRGB
In reply to brianric, 3 months ago

brianric wrote:

Stacey_K wrote:

Greg lamont wrote:

I guess I should have said from the beginning that I ONLY shoot in Raw.

Why?

Why not?

It creates an extra step to PP for one thing.

What do you think that people always shoot in a studio and can control their lighting. I do event photography and I do not have control 98% of the time when I shoot.

I shoot event photography as well. With a little work before hand, I can usually get the WB in camera pretty close and the OOC JPEGS require little to no processing. Maybe a levels touch and a crop. Greatly speeds up PP after the event. I don't get the point of not at least trying to get a good OOC JPEG.

I've been shooting raw 100% of the time since 2003 and have no intention of changing.

I've been shooting JPEG + RAW for at least that long and, at least for me, I find if I spend a little time adjusting the camera right, I only need the RAW file's extra latitude about 1% of the time.

I know my position on this is counter to most people's, they teach "real photographers ONLY shoot RAW". I've just found working to get it right in camera to be a lot less work than just shooting and fixing it all later in post. Maybe this workflow comes from my 20+ years of shooting film, mostly slide film, before I switched to digital.

I'm shocked no one else has noticed the OP is asking what color space to use for his monitor profile...

-- hide signature --

Stacey

Stacey_K's gear list:Stacey_K's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow