BIFs, DIFs? Egrets, Ducks, and More in Flight (A6000)

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Al F
Forum MemberPosts: 87Gear list
Like?
Re: Indeed!
In reply to RonFrank, 4 months ago

I too was just subjected to the same 'bait and switch' from The eStore. I should have known, as the price ($68) was too good to be true:

http://theestoreonline.com/Sony_VCL-DH1758_58mm_1_7x_Telephoto_Conversion_Lens_For_Sony_Digital_Camera_3586.html?refid=Google&kpid=EO3586&gclid=CPHGz_GNjMACFcRcMgodcQwAqg

Even though the lens is listed as, "In Stock", a salesman called to tell me that the lens was, "back-ordered from Sony" and would take a few weeks to arrive. Instead, he could sell me a 2x teleconverter lens that was "much better" than the Sony dh 1758.

I also looked at Amazon and eBay, and it looks like you cannot buy the Sony VCL-DH1758 for less than $250, and you could easily spend $350. An awful lot to spend on a teleconverter that will also require a step-down ring to fit on an e-mount camera.

-- hide signature --

A.L.F.

RonFrank wrote:

zackiedawg wrote:

Pretty much in all my past posts with this lens, someone has asked me about the converter, and I've given the details along with the caution to watch out for bait-and-switches...it's definitely been happening a lot to people hunting for the DH. Fortunately, only a few members went as far as you did and bought it - a few others were JUST about to order and we managed to turn them back in time.

Sorry about your experience - seems to happen too often on the internet, as soon as something becomes in-demand, the fakes start popping up...and the bait-and-switchers!

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

There are ay least half a dozen on ebay most of the time. They are used, but that is what is available as new is not always an option in a converter that has not been made in a while. I have seen them sell from $15-300. Average is maybe $50-$75.

-- hide signature --

RonFrank

Al F's gear list:Al F's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow