Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dandoro
Contributing MemberPosts: 664Gear list
Like?
A7, supermoon and few problems
4 months ago

Both pics were shot as a JPG with 25K ISO, with manual focus.

First pic was taken at f1.4 with a 1/60 sec exposure time, and a non-OIS lens, of course. Now, the first problem: I took from the same place, at the same time, a picture with my old A57 at f3.5 with the zoom kit lens (with OIS), it only needed ISO6400...Why? So where is the gain in high ISO for the full frame as in the same conditions, it needed two ISO stops more? Please take into account the fact that the A7 shot was taken at f1.4, while the A57 shot was taken at f3.5, the shot taken with the A57 was taken using the OIS, while the A7 shot didn't benefit from OIS.

And regarding the second picture, it was taken with the same 50mm f1.4 manual lens with the A7, using a 1/8 sec and ISO 25K and then 30 sec exposure and ISO 100, but both pics look pretty the same. Why the moon is like a headlight, even zoomed in? Where are the moon details? The flare/reflection is also horrendous. It was caused by the Canon FD lens I've used, by the cheap FD to NEX adaptor, or by the A7's sensor? And one more thing...when I used the manual focus, it seems that the lens focused to infinite before the infinity sign, I mean, it focused to infinity right before the 10 meters mark...Is this normal?

dandoro's gear list:dandoro's gear list
Samsung NX3000 Nikon D750 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Tamron SP 90mm F2.8 Di VC USD 1:1 Macro
Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow