Have a Fuji X-T1, but thinking of switching to an E-M1...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Smiller4128
Regular MemberPosts: 339Gear list
Like?
Have a Fuji X-T1, but thinking of switching to an E-M1...
1 month ago

Hey Everyone,

I currently own a Fuji X-T1 along with the kit 18-55mm and the XF 23mm F1.4 lenses with it. I take it out everywhere I go with me and enjoy using it, but there are a few things in my experience that are hard for me to continue to cope with on the camera.

First off, the dials on the top tend to be a real love/hate with me. I enjoy the look and style of them a lot but in practice, they make it difficult for me to quickly make changes. I often need to pull the camera away from my eye and check the dials on the top and then adjust them to my desired settings and attempt to recompose the image before the moment is gone. It just doesn't necessarily work too well.

Another thing is that the Autofocus performance seems to leave a bit to be desired. It isn't a huge issue as I'm typically able to get a focus lock after a few tries. But it's still an issue for me.

So I've been debating about possibly selling off my Fuji equipment and buying an Olympus E-M1 and the 12-40mm pro and 17mm lenses to start me off. But I have a few questions? How big of an increase in autofocus speed can I expect? Is the viewfinder similar to the one found in the Fuji? (I love the fuji x-t1's viewfinder!) How does the IBIS compare to lens IS in real world use? And I am concerned about the performance of the E-M1 in low light/high iso settings, could any give an opinion on that?

Thank you for your time and opinions/suggestions!

Smiller4128's gear list:Smiller4128's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Fujifilm X-T1 Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow