How Good is the Panasonic 14-140mm for Video?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kblaw
Contributing MemberPosts: 579Gear list
Like?
How Good is the Panasonic 14-140mm for Video?
2 months ago

I have a GH4 that I will be bringing on vacation later this month to Peru and Ecuador, including the Galapagos (and then early next year to Antarctica).  I have the 12-35mm and the 35-100mm (as well as the Panasonic 15mm prime and the Olympus 25mm and 45mm primes, all of which are very small and light).  All or almost all of the video would be shot in daylight.

I am thinking about renting (or possibly buying) the newer 14-140mm and taking that instead of the 12-35mm and the 35-100mm.  My thinking is that I don't want to be fumbling around with changing between the 12-35mm and the 35-100mm, and the 35-100mm is a bit of the heavier side.  I can always resort to the primes for sharpness/low light performance, if necessary.

I don't not plan on using the GH4 for pictures, as I also have a Sony A7R.  That plan could change, though.

Any thoughts on the quality of the 14-140 for video?  I plan on shooting in 4K and probably downscaling to 1080p in post.

Terry

kblaw's gear list:kblaw's gear list
Sony RX100 NEX5R NEX5R Sony Alpha 7R Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +4 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow