Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
stevea77
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
24-120 broke after 16 days
4 months ago

On July 14, I bought a Nikon D610 and a 24-120 AF-S for a bucket list trip to Alaska. Sixteen days later, the zoom ring detached from the body of the lens, leaving me with only an iPhone for two days until I managed to get the lens to shoot at a fixed focal length, focusing manually. Hundreds of photo ops were missed.

On return from the trip, I took the lens to ThePhotoCenter in Brick, NJ, where I bought the setup hoping to get a new lens, but the owner told me the best he could do was send it to Nikon for repair, even though I was within the store's 30-day exchange period. He said had I returned with a functional lens he would have let me swap for whatever I wanted.

Attempts to communicate with Nikon have resulted in template email responses that totally ignore the specifics of my situation or brief, unsympathetic phone conversations indicating that Nikon will probably try to fix the lens and return it. I'm not a happy camper for lots of reasons, but don't know what to do next. If anyone has ideas, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow