Random Disney w/18-55mm kit, 55-210 animals (A6000)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 21,861Gear list
Like?
Random Disney w/18-55mm kit, 55-210 animals (A6000)
2 months ago

Had just a few more straggler shots from my Disney trip last month, that didn't necessarily support a thread of their own or specific category.  While I wait to download and sort my most recent batch of bird photos, I figured I'd post up the last group of shots from Disney from two lenses that I haven't represented as much - the 18-55mm kit lens, and the 55-210mm + DH1758 extender.  My first Disney thread of MFNR and night shots had a few 18-55mm shots included, so these are mostly daytime or dusk shots with it from various parks...and the 55-210mm kit was used exclusively on the Kilimanjaro Safari ride, of the various African animals and scenery.  For anyone who was following the Disney threads, here's my last batch from this trip:

Contemporary Hotel (left) and Bay Lake Tower (right), as seen from the boat transportation from the Wilderness Campgrounds towards Magic Kingdom (18-55mm), with the sun setting behind

View from the bridge into France from England, in Epcot Center.  Down on the riverbank below the bridge is an artist's easel, with his unfinished work of the view across the river (18-55mm)

The animal shots were from a moving safari truck, very very bouncy and with 3-4 people between me and the animals on the right side of the truck...challenging!

Sable antelope standing and watching the truck drive by (55-210)

In the distance, the skies had turned steely grey, and I liked this big tree standing out against the ominous colors.  They stopped running trucks as soon as we got off, as lightning was threatening (55-210)

A masai giraffe, up close.  Had to do a vertical crop here, because just to the left and right of this giraffe were people's heads in my frame as I was shooting across to the other side of the truck (55-210)

An elephant having a drink at the watering hole (55-210)

A female lioness resting up on the rock outcrop (55-210)

A different view of the iconic Space Mountain roller coaster ride - seen from the boat into Magic Kingdom...the brown roofs in the foreground are the Magic Kingdom bus stop (18-55)

View of the entrance area of Magic Kingdom - boat docks in the foreground, monorail train passing by, and train station in the background.  Yes, it was already raining as I took the shot, and only got rainier as the day went on! (18-55)

One last shot - at my cabin in Fort Wilderness, you can rent a golf cart to get around the extensive campgrounds, to and from busses and boat transportation - so much nicer than driving your car around, and fun too! (18-55)

Comments, questions, critique welcomed as always!

Can't wait to get back up there again in a few months - hopefully the temps can drop just a little bit!

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow