Indoor high school sports body, D700 or D610.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wsalopek
Regular MemberPosts: 118
Like?
Indoor high school sports body, D700 or D610.
1 month ago

Hi guys...

After a ton of research, and considering my budget, I have settled in at either a D700 or D610 for indoor high school sports (volleyball and basketball)...meaning, of course, "poorly" lit.  I will be able to move around and get close to the action...baseline/corner/sideline, and will not use a flash.

Anyway, I plan to use a Nikon 50mm 1.8, an 85mm 1.8, and probably an 80-200 2.8, or I might even splurge for the 70-200 VR II 2.8 if it's significantly better than the 80-200.

Couple questions:

1)  DXO sports score for the D700 is 2303 vs 2925 for the D610...that's about a 27% increase for the D610, which according to DXO, means about a 1/3rd stop improvement in noise...nice, but not that much, or is it?  Esp considering the possible use of the 2.8 lens?

2)  Weighing that against the FPS burst rate, buffer size, and focusing ability, etc., of these two bodies (and pretty much disregarding the price difference), which is the overall better camera for indoor high school sports?

Thanks so much...

-- hide signature --

Bill

P.S.  I have been using a Nex-6 and a 50mm 1.8, and have been pretty happy, and probably would have liked to stick with mirrorless and Sony and get an A7, but the lens choices are poor at F1.8 and below...please correct me if I am wrong and there is some option I am not aware of.

Nikon D610 Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow