ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jzw
jzw
Forum MemberPosts: 83
Like?
Oil spots on new D610?
1 month ago

As a long time D90 owner (5 years), I finally made the move and bought a new D610 from B&H the past Friday. Very well aware of the oil spot issue, I tried not to be bothered by it. But curiosity finally got me. I took a clear sky shot at F22 probably 100 pictures into having the camera and i could see a spot on the left upper corner on the lcd screen I tried about 20 more shots, taken at F22, F14, F9, F5.6, F2.8. It is visiable on the lcd screen at F22, kinda better F14. Go away starting F9. It's pretty noticeable on a pc screen though all the way down to F5.6. Out of curiosity, i did the same test on my D90 (not heavily used, but probably approaching 6k ~ 7k pictures in 5 years), and i don't see anything visible on the lcd screen at F22. Also blowing the pictures up on a computer screen didn't show much except for several very light spots. With the D610 i only used one lens (a brand new 50mm prime) before i noticed the issue. In order to make sure the spot wasn't caused by the lens, i changed to a brand new Tamron 24-70 that I bought with the camera and the same spot can still be seen on the lcd screen. Interestingly though, in most pictures, the spot showed up at the exact spot, but in 2 or 3 picures, they are at a slightly off from other pictures. i am thiking of going to b&h to get a replacement. But now am worried about getting another bad one. How's everyone else' experience on those D610. Do they still have the oil spot issue or not?

Nikon D610
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow