Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
70d IF
Junior MemberPosts: 27Gear list
Like?
Too much contrast on 70d video
7 months ago

I have a strange problem with my 70d in video.

When I review the video on the camera LCD, it is fine, however on my computer, it looks as if the contrast was pushed too much, especially in the shadows, i.e. dark greys become black. As a result, some dynamic range is lost and,  moreover, the image looks unrealistic.

I have tested it with two different computers, and with two different video software (VLC and Windows Media Player).

The problem doesn't seem to come from the computer because, if I shoot a picture and a video of the same scene,  with the same camera settings, and I view both on the same computer, I get different results. However, on the camera LCD, they both look the same, with the same contrast.

I know that most PC graphic cards can handle video a different way as images, which could explain this discrepency, but I haven't found any wrong setting in my two computers. In addition, I have a camcorder and a small Sony camera, and none of them exhibit this problem.

Any advice ?

70d IF's gear list:70d IF's gear list
Pentax K100D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) +2 more
ANSWER:
Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow