ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jrg
jrg
Senior MemberPosts: 1,881Gear list
Like?
My EM-1 vs. EM-10 dilemma
4 months ago

First off, I know all the differences. I’m a long time Oly user and have been shooting with the EM-5.

My problem is rather odd. If I had a direct call on my side, I’d spring for the EM-1. I love how it handles. But money’s an issue. The money’s there, but in one of these cases where there’s the wife’s opinion to worry about. In this case, the E-10 is going to give me far less headaches.

Both cameras are nice and image quality is the same. I actually really enjoy the 10’s lightness and the fact that it’s got the same dials and interface as my EM5.

The EM-1 has everything laid out the way I think the EM5 should have been designed. I felt about the EM-1 the same way as first handling my old E-1 back in 2004. Also the fact that I could use my old 43 lenses to better effect. However I just recently learned that, since I have the older versions of the 14-54 and 50-200, AF speed may not be as fast.

Any input or comments are welcome. It's a win scenario either way. Both cameras are great.

jrg's gear list:jrg's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +10 more
Olympus E-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow