ND filters?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Ido S
Senior MemberPosts: 1,229Gear list
Like?
Re: ND filters?
In reply to brian626, 2 months ago

10 stops of darkening is often too much for waterfalls, as was already explained here. I personally believe that they're better for blurring out motion in a seascape.

$60 for a 10-stop ND is cheap. There's no way around it - such a strong darkening effect isn't well suited for cheap filters. However, there's a gem from a company called Camdiox: http://camdiox.wix.com/camdiox#!product/prd12/2191246525/camdiox-cpro-smc-nano-nd1000-filter

They also have a variable ND, which may be more useful for you (though it is more expensive).

I'd get a filter for the lens with the biggest thread size you have, and just get cheap step-up rings for the rest. It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it but not have it. And I'd personally shoot a lot more landscapes with the 18-140 than I would with the 35.

Ido S's gear list:Ido S's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow