Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hinchles
Junior MemberPosts: 30Gear list
Like?
Panny G3 - Lens advice
1 month ago

I've been asked by some friends to take some photos of their new born and her christening since they're strapped for cash and can't really afford a real photographer instead of me

I don't mind at all doing it as it'll be a good (new) experience for me since I normally do landscapes and wildlife.

The problem as ever is I don't really have a portrait lens I only have big zooms or extreme wide angles neither of which are brilliant for what I need to do.  So I've been looking around at lenses and I'm really confused/unsure what I should go for so really I'm looking for some input from those of you with more experience of portrait photos etc

Basically I'm after a good quality prime for the G3 but most of my research has been people recommending Oly lenses (especially the 75mm one) however from what I understand is they have no in lens stabilization only in body but the G3 doesn't have in body stabilization so I'm a little reluctant to go with the Oly lens.

Are there any Pan/leica lenses that are as good as or close to the quality of the 75mm oly?

What are the downsides of loosing stabilization using an oly lens on pan body is it really bad or manageable?

I'm open to any and all suggestions and would love to see any pictures you've done with said recommended lens.

Thanks

hinchles's gear list:hinchles's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN +3 more
ANSWER:
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow