What fast 35mm eqiv. lens would you recommend for m43?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bots_Revenge
Regular MemberPosts: 125Gear list
Like?
What fast 35mm eqiv. lens would you recommend for m43?
2 months ago

I'm considering buying a 35mm equiv. fast prime for my m43 bodies. My plan is to shoot weddings with 35mm, 85mm and 150mm primes on three bodies - 2x GX7 and E-PL5. Most times I may be using only two bodies with 35 and 85mm.

My current prime setup is 12mm f2, 25mm f1.4 and 45mm f1.8 (now is 42.5mm f1.2).

I'm seeing three options:

1. m.Zuiko 17mm f1.8 - appears to be tremendously mediocre in terms of sharpness except in the absolute center

2. PL 15mm f1.7 - looks sharper, but I really would have liked it to be further away from 12mm so that I don't feel like I've cropped 5% off my 12mm lens - I'd prefer a 35mm equiv instead of 30.

3. Voigtlander 17.5mm f0.95 - as I hear it's very sharp, but weighs way too much and I'd rather have AF instead of straining my eyes with the dynamic nature of weddings.

From the options I seem to have I'm disappointed because the Oly and Pana lenses just don't seem to be what I want. The Zuiko is closest to my preferences but when put next to the Nocticron and the 75mm f1.8 it isn't nearly sharp enough to match them.

My questions are:

1. Am I missing some alternative? Is there any other lens to consider?

2. Do any of the three lenses have any other strengths to consider?

3. Which lens in your personal opinion is best for the job?

Bots_Revenge's gear list:Bots_Revenge's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +5 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow