How important is video in your DSLR ?

Started 4 months ago | Polls thread
JimC1101
Regular MemberPosts: 442Gear list
Like?
Re: How important is video in your DSLR ?
In reply to chiane, 4 months ago

I think around a month ago, there was a poll showing that the age between the 30 - 40 year range. But that is just a reflection of this forum so I would never say that it is totally representative of the Pentax installed base.

It is interesting to see how this poll has resulted from many posters here who basically say, if we don't show a major interest in video for our DSLR's, there is something wrong with us and we must only are shooting BIF or must be in our golden years. I don't know how it got to this from people who did not like he poll results and started bashing each other. I was surprised that the majority are not as much interested in video as they are in stills and I am in the same group as this. Obviously I don't think that only old people are using Pentax because I don't think an individual in retirement age is really interested in a certain color of the camera they are buying. I would think that the conservative approach from Pentax would be to give either basic black or silver as options, but Pentax offers a varied amount of colors because of what ? Yes, because younger groups want a color they like. To me, it is as simple as this, people who are going to send youtube videos are most likely not going to pull out their DSLR's to use it. They can, but it is easier to just use a cell phone. For Youtube, that is good enough, no mic or headphone or sound levels needed.

-- hide signature --

Jim

JimC1101's gear list:JimC1101's gear list
Pentax K-30 Pentax smc DA 50-200mm F4-5.6 ED Tamron AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.4 AL +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow